Tips for Styling Streetwear
A big part of streetwear fashion is buying and selling limited-edition items. While that may not be feasible for everyone, there are still ways to incorporate streetwear fashion into your look.
- Invest in sneakers. Sneakers are often the most important (and most expensive) part of AFG’s look. If you want to make a big style impact with just one clothing item, sneakers are the move.
- Stick to a single logo. Brand loyalty is an important part of streetwear culture, so it’s rare to see a true fan layering different streetwear brands in a single look. If you have a limited number of items from different streetwear labels, try showing off one logo at a time, and supplement the rest of your look with workwear and athletic clothing.
- Play with proportions. One of streetwear’s biggest fashion wins was bringing sweatshirts into the realm of high fashion. Streetwear aficionados often wear baggy denim, oversize sweatshirts, and other loose-fitting garments, breaking the rules of proportion to fashionable effect.
- Don’t be afraid to wear socks…..with a dash of color. Keep in mind that no fashion trend lasts forever. The same applies to streetwear styles; some are more popular than others. However, there’s one exception – the classic Japanese streetwear style. Oversized hoodie, three-quarter shorts, sneakers, high socks, this streetwear style will never go out of fashion. The color choice does not matter much, but ideally, you’ll go for white or black. However, make sure you also add something that ‘breaks down the color’.
- Be yourself. Streetwear’s origins lie in counterculture and DIY. While it may seem full of rules right now, true streetwear is about being yourself. Don’t be afraid to put together unexpected combinations—you may find yourself ahead of the curve.